Description & Summary
Key responsibilities for role include but not limited to:
- Vendor management of our key vendors hardware vendors:
- Introduce new models through the current process of engaging different countries with the proposed models, model selection and supervising the benchmark testing of new models.
- Management of PCs internally within the team/service
- Management of current vendor issues through recording the issues, advocating for customers and vendors, escalation of problems, communication of issues and running regular forums between customers and vendors.
- Produce quarterly updates of PC defects for global leaders
- Lead the effort to increase PC stability (reduction of BSODs, identification and remediation of applications that are causing PC instability.
- The global Endpoint service needs to have hands-on management of our SaaS solution providers (VMWare and Microsoft) with a focus around technical new features, bugs, trends and issues.
- Build a technical understanding of VMWare WorkSpace ONE and the Microsoft Intune
- Work with a variety of engineering resources and understand the tickets and other interactions logged with VMWare so that you can:
- Escalate to vendor or internal service leaders if progress on tickets is a concern.
- Advocate for PwC and SaaS vendor if interactions need to be progressed.
- Provide updates of status for global leaders where required.
- Creation of technical processes and solutions using PowerShell and Windows
- Occasional weekend work required
- Some people management/coaching
Skills, Qualifications and Required Experience
- Experience in managing PC Hardware through its entire lifecycle (model selection>production use of device>retirement/disposal)
- Proven track record of learning/being curious about new technologies.
- Experience in dealing with/managing vendors.
- Some experience in managing people and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Self-organised - can organise their time without being micromanaged.
- Proven track record of resolving problems and designing/analyzing technical solutions.
- Experience of designing solutions to technical problems and adding business value, rather than just administrating technology.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Desirable: Powershell, Windows, Intune or Workspace ONE experience