What you will enjoy doing
- Implement and train corporate standard logistics processes and know-how in all responsibility areas (order management, planning, warehousing, transportation, secondary packaging management) and assure their sustainable and compliant application within the plant.
- Drive forward electronic data interchange processes for forecasts and orders from the customer.
- Coordinate the planning process on short term, mid & long term (with focus on forecast management based on machine and equipment occupation in cooperation with division or business units and sales to identify future bottle necks/machinery demand).
- Coordinate the implementation of ALPLA standard processes for warehousing (inventory control, inbound, outbound, and internal transfer processes, layout & flow optimization, purchasing, usage and installation of warehousing equipment).
- Organize periodical freight tenders, optimization of transport capacity utilization and reduction of transport losses.
- Standardization and optimization of secondary packaging follow up as well as usage of correct packaging concerning total cost of ownership.
- Closely cooperate with various customers regarding all logistics topics in the respective plant especially concerning optimizing supply chain and communication with the customer.
- Develop and implement strategies on how to achieve logistics targets in collaboration with plant management.
- Set priorities for the implementation of logistics processes and tools.
- Evaluation of key performance indicators such as stock turnover, packaging costs, transport costs, external warehouse costs, etc.
- Special calculations and scenario analysis of critical incidents.
- Leading the local logistic team and actively participate in the budget preparation.
What makes you great
- Technical or economical university degree (preferably with specialization in logistics).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field (preferably within the manufacturing industry).
- Leadership competences and experience proven track of leading people.
- Sound understanding of financial correlations.
- Ability to analyze trends and take countermeasures.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as ability to motivate people.
- Ability to explain technical details in a simple, understandable way.
- Self-dependent and hands-on working style.
- Fluency in English is a must.
What you can expect working with us
- A diverse range of interesting tasks, projects, and challenges.
- An international working environment within a 100% family-owned company with a high degree of direct responsibility.
- Using your own professional skills and competences within an environment in transition and cultural integration.