Machine Connectivity (MDA) Expert
About the Role
Location: Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Organization: EVP Global Functions
Business Unit: Information Technology
Full / Part time: Full-time
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Administration of On-Prem windows machines used for Machine Data Acquisition.
- Assuring proper functionality of the software stack in use (SAP CC, SAP Plant Connectivity)
- Constant contact/support with plants in their effort of connecting new machines for MDA
- Ongoing exchange with global SE network infrastructure related initiatives to ensure compliance of MDA set up in place with strategic network layout.
What You Bring
- University degree in Computer Science or a comparable education is needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in enterprise network administration
- Knowledge in Administration of Windows (Windows Server 2019, Windows 10 Enterprise) based machines is a must.
- Global enterprise cybersecurity knowledge is appreciated.
- Expertise in general network technology (network encryption, network protocols, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP on Prem connection technologies (SAP Cloud Connector, SAP Plant Connectivity) plus dependent applications necessary.
- Willingness to travel is required.
- German language is very beneficial, English is mandatory.
About the Team
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Manufacturing execution systems (MES) are solutions and software products for efficient control of manufacturing tasks. MES are multifunctional tools that plan and control production processes in real-time, improve transparency, and map the flow of materials and information within the supply chain.
The goal of the initiative is to have the same systems operating in all of SE’s 80+ manufacturing facilities and the following 3 targets:
- Enable better collaboration
- Get resilient against cybersecurity threats
- Create efficiency for our customers
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Siemens Energy's location in One Cotroceni Park is more than just an office space - it's a hub for a vibrant and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of Bucharest, this urban development is the perfect place to work, surrounded by green spaces, shopping destinations, and everything the city center has to offer. And with the Academia Militara subway station just a 3-minute walk away, getting around the city has never been easier.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Keep your brain fit with our trainings
- Special for books lovers - Bookster
- Stay safe and healthy with our medical subscription
- Think about your future too with Privat Pension Pilon III
- Take care of yourself with our Wellbeing Initiatives